Friday 7 January 2011

A wet day in Bradford on A

Ok folks, as promised a quick blog about Bradford on Avon. I went there to get a different kind of heritage, a heritage focused on something other than Georgian buildings and Roman baths. I chose a poor day to do this weather wise, however I had a lovely time, and even the shops had to be viewed - well, they are part of the areas heritage after all!


My favourite street - The Shambles :)
 Here are some of the pictures I took today. Bradford on Avon is a small town, mainly concentrating upon its Norman and Saxon heritage, although it can be traced to the Romans too. Many of the buildings are 17th Century. My favourite piece of information that I picked up was that the small domed building on the Tower Bridge used to be used to lock up local troublemakers after formally being a very very very small church!

It takes 10 minutes to get to Bradford on the train, so why not take a little trip out there sometime? It's a lovely area, although I do suggest that you choose a drier, sunnier day as there is a lot of walking to do
to get around - and don't forget the lovely little shops too!

The Tower Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment